In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~ Albert Schweitzer
10 Things Friends Communicate
- COMFORT: easing grief or pain.
- ATTENTION: being thoughtful.
- ACCEPTANCE: receiving in spite of faults.
- APPRECIATION: showing gratefulness and praise.
- SUPPORT: helping to carry another’s burden.
- ENCOURAGEMENT: urging or inspiring toward a goal.
- AFFECTION: demonstrating care through touch or words.
- RESPECT: valuing and esteeming.
- SECURITY: protecting one from harm, fear, or loss.
- APPROVAL: affirming your friend.
© by David and Teresa Ferguson
Adapted from Never Alone